Monday, January 19, 2015

Young Women in Excellence (2014)

For YWIE we went with a super hero theme.  We helped the girls make capes using this website we found on Pinterest (http://www.stuffandymakes.com/blog/2012/11/01/making-mad-props-for-meltmedias-interactive-superhero-marketing-launch-the-rest-of-the-props/)  We put gold or silver on the inside and metallic value colors on the other side.  We hope that the girls use them for many years to help complete Halloween costumes!! We were inspired but some awesome blogs, http://www.kandykreations.net/2014/06/superhero-rules-printable-and-dare-to.html My main assignment was to take a basic script we found on a blog (http://www.alittletipsy.com/2010/10/yw-in-excellence.html) and spice it up.  My Young Women's President actually requested that I make it more cheesy.  I hope that you enjoy what I ended up with.

Sunday
Narrator: (girls slumped in chair looking sad) This is Katie. A girl like you who is going through some hard times.
Katie (girl kneels and prays in a teary voice):
Please help my parents stop fighting,
Please help me not get bullied at school,
Please help my grades improve, Amen.

Monday Morning
(Katie wakes up to 8 Value Heroes, shocked)
Faith: (jumps forward, throwing arms in the air) Don't you fear the 8 super value heros are here!

Katie: What are you doing here?

All values together: Value Heroes Assemble! We're here to help!

Individual Worth: We know what you are going through. And we are here to teach you what you can do to activate your Value Powers!

Faith: I'm faith here to teach you that when you have faith in Heavenly Father and pray for help that Heavenly Father listens and answers you prayers. Bazinga!

Divine Nature: My Divine nature senses are tingling, you are kind, tender, refined, faithful, good, virtuous and pure. You are a daughter of God and you have been given these abilities in this life for a reason. Don't be afraid to use them.

Individual Worth: Shazam! I am individual worth, I am here to remind you that you are a daughter of Heavenly Father, he loves you and has a plan for you. Your patriarchal blessing will remind you that he has a plan for you.

Knowledge: I am knowledge, here I am to save the day! When you attend Young Womens and Seminary you gain knowledge and recharge you spiritual energy. Study hard, knowledge you learn in this life will help you now and in the next life too. No matter how busy you are make time to learn about God.

Choice and Accountability: I am choice and accountability, I want to remind you that as you read your scriptures... Value Twin Powers activate ...( some awesome fist bump with Faith) and pray then making good choices will be easier for you. The Holy Ghost will be your companion and help guide you. You are accountable for you choices, good or bad, and will be judged according to them. Never forget that you can repent when you make a bad choice.

Good works: Reach out to others, there is a jewel inside of everyone. Bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light; (Mosiah 18:8) Serving other distracts you from your on sorrows and remind you that we all go through trials in this life. So your spirit can soar...up, up and away!

Integrity: I am here to fight for truth justice and the Lord's way! remember to follow the Lord's standards and not the world's. Reading For the Strength of Youth will remind you of the Lord's standards.

Virtue: Remain clean and pure basing your actions on what Christ would do and visit the temple often. Flame on!

Narrator: Throughout the day Katie chooses to have a positive attitude and finds ways to help others. She sits by a girl at lunch who was alone and finds out that a little kindness goes a long way.
Monday Night

Katie: (kneeling) Thank you for helping me with the struggles I face by sending me the Super Value Heroes. Amen.


All cast: Remember the values and be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment