Monday, January 19, 2015

Divine Nature #7 and Individual Worth #3

I love to make little handouts to go with the personal progress experiences.  Here are 2 I made last year.
With Divine Nature #7 We read the definition of the word peacemaker, and read five scriptures that teach about peacemakers.  Then the girls took the hand out home and hung it in their rooms.  We reminded them each time we saw them (Wednesday nights and Sundays) that they were supposed to be working on being peacemakers.  When the end of the 2 weeks came we reminded them that they should write in their journals to complete their goal.

This one only took like 3 minutes to start on Wednesday night,  we read Doctrine and Covenants 18:10 and 121:45.  Then I gave them this hand out to take home and did the persistent nagging for the next two weeks so they wouldn't forget that they were supposed to be "building others" 

I use Heritage Makers http://www.heritagemakers.com/  to create most of my things since I have a membership there already and they have cool digital scrap booking options but just a simple black and white worksheet with no graphics can remind the girls what they are doing.  I like a chart to check off the days they were successful on my worksheet too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment