Friday, April 26, 2019

Mom is Best (Daddy's Homecoming)

So last year I asked my good friend (Emily Johnston) if she could write me a new Mother's Day song that was whiny.  She told me she didn't write music, I asked her to use Daddy's Homecoming and just write the words.  We discussed what we love about our mothers and came up with verse 1.  It was good but as I prepared to teach it to our new group of kids after they combined our wards I realized it was missing a few important things about our mothers that should be included.  Our first version was very secular and needed some spiritual aspects added.  Our Latter-day Saint mothers are so much more than wonderful loving people. So this year we worked together and wrote a second verse telling about the wonderful spiritual stuff our mommy's do too.  I hope you love the song.  I certainly do. 

















Of course this song should have actions.  I let the kids help make them up.  I am not that creative.  Feel free to change the actions to whatever you feel goes well with the words.

Verse 1- I just love my mother so much.  

Yes she is the best.  ( on "the" we have our elbow bent and then straighten it on "best"

Makes me food. 
We pretend to hold a large bowl in our left arm and stir with our right)

And fixes hurts.  
(We pantomime putting a band-aid on our knee)

Makes me feel so blessed
(we use both hands to display our blessings like a Price is right hostess displays the whole showcase)

Gives me lots of hugs each day.

Lots of kisses too (we don't actually blow the kiss it takes too much time we just kinda throw it)


So I want to say today.

Mom. I love you
(we use the pictures on the poster!)







No comments:

Post a Comment